The Braintree Control Panel is the user interface for your Gateway. This article contains links to other support articles that address the functionality of the Control Panel, as well as instructions on how to configure various processing options and settings.
The Control Panel has many functions and is primarily used for the following:
- Researching transactions, verifications and Vault records
- Issuing refunds and voids
- Configuring recurring billing
- Managing your processing options, including AVS & CVV rules
- Creating transactions and adding customers to the Vault
- Pulling transaction reports
- Pulling settlement reports
- Managing users and roles
We’ll break it up into three sections: Quick Links, the menus on the left side, and the header menus. You’ll also see a Basic Search bar in the upper right corner. You can learn more about that here.
Quick Links ¶
Quick Links is a section that gives you the ability to quickly access the most popular aspects of the Control Panel. You can:
- Create a transaction
- Create a recurring billing plan
- Add a customer to the Vault
- Grant other users access to the Control Panel
Menus on the Left ¶
The left hand navigation pane is broken up into four sections: Search, Transactions, Vault and Recurring Billing.
The header menus in the upper right corner of the screen expand to allow you to edit a number of account related settings. The options that you see in these menus depend on the permissions associated with your user account in the gateway. Keep in mind that depending on your user permissions, you may not have the ability to view all of these options.
- Processing: You can manage the processing settings listed below
- Security: This section allows you to put IP and Hostname restrictions in place
- Users and Roles: Allows you to add new users or adjust user permissions
- Webhooks: A webhook notification is a message delivered via HTTP POST to a destination endpoint indicating that an event has occurred, like a canceled subscription. You can learn more about webhooks here.
- Support Articles: Outlines the basics of Braintree and its Control Panel. It is designed to give you a conceptual overview of industry topics as well as guides on how to configure your Braintree Gateway
- API Documentation: This documentation is designed to help developers integrate your website or app with Braintree
- Email Support: Automatically initiates an email through your default email program to send a message to our Support Team
- My User: This allows you to update your user details, like your name, email and password
- Logout: Signs you out of your Control Panel